Experience the World War II Era
Saturday, September 26, 2015 11 am until 5 pm
Sunday, September 27, 2015 11 am until 4 pm
World War II Days includes elaborate and realistic battles complete with tanks, artillery, armored vehicles, and exciting pyrotechnic displays. Saturday the battle shows are featured at 1:30 pm and 3:30 pm. Sunday the battle time is 2:30 pm.
The popular World War II Days returns this year and promises to be bigger and better than ever! With more than 1,200 re-enactors representing the soldiers of the United States, Great Britain, France, Russia, Ukraine, Poland, Germany, Italy and Japan. In addition to the action on the battlefields, enjoy the skirmishes in the Village and Woods, demonstrations and displays in the buildings, woods encampments and the ambiance of the beautiful venue.
Maps of the event site will be available when visitors arrive showcasing the battlefield and the various encampments and attractions. Everything we offer will be held rain or shine.
Visitors will also experience:
- Elaborate 1940s displays in historical buildings on the museum property acting as the back drop of a European village during World War II
- Encampments of Allied and Axis troops in the Midway Village woods and realistic skirmishes integrated in the historic village
- Soldiers’ base camps filled with period vehicles, tents and artifacts
- Shop for World War II memorabilia from numerous vendors
- Food and refreshments available for purchase
- A 1940s era USO-style swing dance 7 pm, Saturday, September 26. The public admission is $7. Registered re-enactors and vendors are free with a wristband. Admission is paid for the dance at the door the evening of the dance.
This is one of the largest World War II era re-enactments in the United States with over 1,200 uniformed re-enactors from 40 states representing soldiers from the United States, Great Britain, France, Poland, Ukraine, Russia, Japan, Italy and Germany along with 70 to 80 vintage tanks, halftracks and other 1940s era military vehicles!
Back By Popular Demand – Friday Evening Tour
The Behind The Lines tour will take place again on Friday evening from 5:30 pm until 7:30 p.m. Tour guides will take you through the Village to get an up close look at what is in store for the weekend. Space is limited. Make reservations for the tour by contacting 815-397-9112.