The Cougar’s have a great reading incentive program that homeschoolers are welcome to participate in as well. Following is some of the information related to the program and contact information to get all the details.
In a nutshell, your pre-K through 8th grade kids read for 8 weeks, working to reach their goals. The big prize is a free ticket to the Cougar’s game and accompanying guests can order their own tickets while ordering the free ones for the student.
Dates are available in April and May for various home games (you make a game selection when registering for the program) and this is always a fun outing as we near the end of our school year.
1. We are now affiliated with the Chicago Cubs, meaning that many of the players who you see playing for the Cougars right here in Geneva will one day be playing at Wrigley Field in Chicago.
2. We are offering a scholarship program called Ozzie’s scholars. All students enrolled in Ozzie’s Reading Club will have the opportunity to apply for one of ten $1,000 academic scholarships which they can use toward their future educational endeavors.
3. If you have other programs in place during the typical Ozzie’s Reading Club months of January and February, you can run the program during another more convenient time.
Kane County Cougars One Cougar Trail Geneva, IL 60134
Phone: 630-232-8811 Fax: 630-232-8815 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here’s the latest info from Six Flags. Registration opens in just a few weeks!
On behalf of Six Flags, I would like to thank you for your past participation in our Read to Succeed Six Hour Reading Club and provide you with some detail about our upcoming 2012-2013 program. In this electronic world that we live in, reading has become more important than ever. We plan to continue to do our part by offering you and your elementary school students free tickets to Six Flags when they participate in the Read to Succeed program.
Beginning October 9th, you will be able to register online for Read to Succeed at sixflags.com/read. At that time you will need to have the following information available to complete your registration:
- Your name
- Name of your school
- Your email address
- Your school’s physical address (for ticket delivery)
- Number of students in each grade you teach
If you are a school coordinator (registering on behalf of multiple teachers) you will need:
- Name of each teacher
- Email address of each teacher
- Approximate number of students in each grade each teacher teaches
We will send you another note on or before October 9th when the new Read to Succeed online registration form is ready to go.
Thank you again for your participation in Read to Succeed!
The Six Flags Read to Succeed Team
Once again it is time to prepare for Ozzie’s Reading Club. We have enjoyed this program for many years now. I like that it is not a preset reading goal, but you and the child determine what is best for them. It excites them about reading, and rewards them with a great outing in the spring.
If you would like to participate in 2012, please contact Amy.
Kane County Cougars § 1 Cougar Trail § Geneva, IL 60134
Phone: 630.232.8811 § FAX 630.232.8815
2012 OZZIE’S READING CLUB