Received via email:
2013 Summer Camps at Judson University (Elgin, IL):
- Fox Valley Music Camp (see below)
- Art Adventure
- Architecture Discovery Workshop
- Sports Camps ( soccer, volleyball, girls’ basketball, boys’ basketball)
Visit www.judsonu.edu/camps for more information.
Judson’s Fox Valley Music Camp offers a great week of music-making for students in grades K-12 . This summer’s camp is set for the week of June 24-28th, 2013.
- Young campers in K-2nd grades have a half day camp where they will have fun playing music games, making crafts and singing together on stage at the recital.
- Elementary students in 3rd–5th grades have an opportunity to try out a variety of instruments in an instrument “petting zoo” throughout the week, as well as take optional private lessons if they have already started an instrument.
- For Middle and High School students, the camp offers both a Classical Track and a Contemporary Worship Track. The Classical Track is for students studying traditional band and orchestra instruments, piano and voice. The Contemporary Worship Track is for students who play guitar, drums or keyboard (traditional instruments are welcome as well) and who want to play in a contemporary worship band.
- For High School students who intend to audition for District and All-State Competitions in the fall of 2013, the camp offers a unique IMEA Preparation Program. This year we are expanding the IMEA option to include brass and wind instruments, in addition to strings.
Check out our web-page at www.judsonu.edu/FVMC for further information and an on-line registration form. Early Bird Discount: $20 off per registration if received before May 24th. Sibling Discount: Oldest camper full price, each younger sibling $20 off. There are also a limited number of volunteer opportunities that can lower your cost by an additional $25 or $50, depending on the job. Contact Cheryl Richardson at Cheryl.firstname.lastname@example.org or 847.628.1110 for further information.