Received via email:
The Masters of Lightning is coming to SciTech Museum! See precisely controlled “bolts of lightning” – some 15 feet long leap from huge Tesla coils and play music from Bach’s Toccata and Fuge and even the 8 bit theme from Super Mario Brothers! “Dr. Zeus”, adds an astonishing element to the show by standing between the coils wearing a metal suit of layered chain mail and interacting with the lightning bolts! A Wow! show not to be missed!
- Doors open at 6 pm, the show starts at 7 pm.
- Stay and explore the Museum after the show, we will be open until 9 pm.
- The SciTech Cafe will be open for delicious treats, and there will be popcorn, a juice bar and more.
- Adult Tickets are $20 and Children 12 and under are $1
Hurry! This show sells out quickly so purchase your tickets now. Tickets are available online here:
Learn more about Masters of Lightning here:
call 630-859-3434 or
visit www.scitechmuseum.org for further information.
18 W. Benton St. Aurora, Il. 60506
Received this via email (maybe you have some items that need a new home, and what better place to donate them?):
|SciTech Needs Donated Items!
Oops, our last email was a little confusing! We have rearranged the list so that you can understand our needs better!
Here’s a wonderful way to help the SciTech Museum and put those unused shop items to great use! The SciTech Museum is rebuilding exhibits and you can help! SciTech is a 501c3 charity looking for the following items:
- 10 inch compound miter saw
- 10″ circular saw blades with carbine tips for all materials
- 3 cordless drills
- 2 pistol cordless screwdrivers
- Wood lathe
- Metal lathe
- 48″ metal brake
- 2×4 wood
- 1×1 – 1×10 wood
- Plywood sheets
- Medium Density Fiberboard sheets 1/2″ to 1″ thick
- 2 sets of wood working chisels
- 1″ to 3″ in diameter clear Plexiglas tubing – all lengths
- Clear and colored lucite sheets
- Plastic drain pipes in different sizes
- Wet/dry sandpaper (extra fine – course)
- 1/2″ & 3/4″ electrical pipe
- Electrical rough-in boxes for single and double gang
- Electrical switches
- Electrical Outlets
- 12 & 14 gage electrical wire (different colors)
- 1/2″ & 3/4″ copper piping Flexible vent lines – 4″ and 6″
- Sloan Valves
- Copper fittings, connectors, elbows, caps, valves
- SOS Pads
- Shop rags/towels
- Picture hanging supplies
- Transformers for fluorescent lighting
- LED lights
- Multiple drawer tool cabinet on wheels with extension drawer guides
- Spray Paint of all colors, Paint Primer, Paint Brushes, Paint Rollers, Paint Sprayer with compressor
- Paint Spray Booth
- Two shelf plastic service carts 38″x26″ with flat top shelf and 3 1/2″ top tray
- 18 Gauge Brad Air Nailer for 3/4″ to 2″ long brads & assortment of Brads Up to 12
- Air Brush Gun with Air Brush Compressors
- 1/2 HP Deep Well Jet Pump
- Flat screen monitors of all sizes
- 28V Cordless Combo Tool Kit with a drill, circular saw, reciprocating saw
- Spray rubber cement adhesive
- 1/2″ to 2″ pvc pipe
- Foam Board and Gator Board Sheets
The SciTech Museum Team
1/2 off Admisson on
July 4th 2012!
July 4th is 1/2 Price Day!
Come for the parade and stay for the fun at the SciTech Museum- just ½ price for admission (and children under age 3 are free!
Here’s the Parade Details:
- 9:15 a.m. – Independence Day pre-parade ceremony
- 10 a.m. – Independence Day Parade in downtown
- The Independence Day event will start with a patriotic ceremony at 9:15 a.m. Wednesday, July 4 outside the Paramount Theatre, 23 E. Galena Blvd. The parade will step off at 10 a.m. at the corner of Benton and River streets, marching east to Broadway Avenue, north to Galena Boulevard, west to Hoyt Place, south to Downer Place and conclude heading west to Middle Avenue. The event is sponsored by the Roosevelt-Aurora American Legion Post 84 in partnership with the City of Aurora.
SciTech will be open from 10 am to 3 pm on Independence Day, July 4th 2012! Enjoy 3 floors of over 200 “hands-on” science-fun exhibits. Experience free demonstrations and shows and the amazing outdoor science park will be open- where you can ride a bike on a rope and so much more. Enjoy cold drinks and snacks at the museum café and explore the science gift shop as well!
Drop & Shop Days
Friday Nov. 25, $65
Sunday Dec. 4th $50
Sunday Dec. 11th $50
from 9 am to 3 pm
Before and after care available!
Drop off your kids off at SciTech Museum in Aurora. You hit the mall and shop for the holidays while the Kids have fun at SciTech Museum!
Fun, food and “edutainment” for less than the cost of a babysitter! Learn More
|December’s “Can’t Miss” Event!
Murder at SciTech Cafe
Dec. 9 6:30 pm
Individual Tickets for $75
Sponsor Table $1,000
A film noir spoof! Buy a ticket or your very own Table! Elegant Dinner, musical show, art show, silent and live auctions too! Proceeds benefit the SciTech Museum and our amazing new science based preschool. Buy your tickets here.
More December Events- all Free with admission to the Museum!
- The SciTech Discovery Preschool and SciTech Cafe Ribbon Cutting ceremony. Dec. 1st, the Public is invited. SciTech Discovery Preschool is one of the first S.T.E.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) based preschools in the country and the first in Illinois. Celebrate its official ribbon cutting along with the new SciTech Cafe!
- Trim the Tree Day Dec. 10th from 10 am – 5pm
- A Day with Santa Dec. 17th from 1-4 pm.
- Winter Break Camps: Two day camps on Dec.27-28 & Dec. 29-30. Ages 6-8 and 9 and up. Choice of 3 camps: Ultimate Predator, Totally Ballistic and SciTech Theatre Workshop! Tons of Scientastic Fun over Winter Break!
- A Family Friendly New Year’s Eve on Dec. 31, from 1-4 pm.
Learn more about SciTech Museum events here.
Received by email —
SciTech Science Camp of the Week for Aug 1-5 :
For Ages 8-10 and For Ages 11-14 CSI Crime Scene Investigator: You'll be able to say "Book 'em"
once you are done with this Summer Camp! Today's police work is part leg work, part hunch and a lot
of Science! Spend the week learning how to find and analyze clues, examine evidence and draw
conclusions. See what it means to get "booked" when you tour the Aurora Police Station. Oh yeah,
we'll see how ya look...with your own mug shot!
Two other great camps are available 8/1-8/5 each one with slots open for eager Science Campers:
Ages 11-14 Kitchen Chemistry: Crystals can be fascinating-and delicious, yes you can eat them!
What else? Make your own S-L-I-M-E! (You will get to keep the recipe!)
Amaze your friends with "Kitchen Science" magic tricks!
Ages 8-10: Totally Ballistic: Launch Rockets! Cannons! Tennis ball Mortars!Sling a catapult
from SciTech's own back yard. Design your own Rocket and prepare for blast off!
These week long Summer Science Camps are Outrageously Fun! Camps are open from 9 am through 3 pm.
Lunches available for $4, just call the number below to arrange lunch for your hungry camper.
Register now at www.scitechmuseum.org or call 630-859-3434 ext. 218
We look forward to seeing you at one of SciTech Museum's Summer Camps!
the SciTech Museum Team
SciTech Hands On Museum
18 West Benton St
Aurora, IL 60506