World Math day coming soon
Children from across the globe will be uniting in their quest to set a world record in answering mental arithmetic questions. We’d like to invite your child to be a part of this great education event involving more than two million students from hundreds of countries. There is an exciting new format for 2011 with all new levels! Your child can start practicing now by signing into www.worldmathday.com with their Mathletics username and password!
Why should your child take part?
• World Math Day is the education event for the world!
• They will love it! Be part of setting a world record!
• It will create an amazing buzz around math.
• Designed for all ages and ability levels.
• Simple to register and participate.
• Great prizes. And it’s absolutely free!!
How will it work?
• If your child is already subscribed to Mathletics, they can use their existing username and password.
• They will take part in real-time mental arithmetic challenges and play live with other students around the globe.
• In 2010 more than two million students from 235 countries combined to correctly answer 479,732,613 questions. Can we break the record this year?
• All you need is internet access.
This year for the first time, through an international partnership with UNICEF, the competition will be used to raise money for UNICEF education programmes in Mozambique and Vietnam.
Students can seek donations from friends and family for their participation in World Math Day. Donations will be pledged and tallied on the World Math Day website. In 2011 we aim to unite the world in numbers and giving to help provide children all over the world with the education they deserve.
For more information, visit www.worldmathday.com
Don’t forget to tell your child’s school about World Math Day too! Don’t delay – school registrations close February 28.
Click here to download the World Math Day FAQs.