Have fun while enjoying all the wonders of nature at the eighth annual
POLAR ADVENTURE DAYS at NORTHERLY ISLAND
First 500 visitors receive a Polar Adventure Day mug filled with hot chocolate.
Dress for the outdoors. Call to confirm scheduled activities (phone number below). These events are free and no registration is required.
- See Siberian huskies, wolves and other live animals
- Enjoy music from the Old Town School of Folk Music
- Explore the island on snowshoes (if there’s snow)
- Make a nature-inspired winter craft
- Encounter birds of prey from Flint Creek Wildlife Rehabilitation
- Sip hot cocoa while strolling across the prairie
- Take a bird hike led by Wendy Paulson, co-sponsored by Audubon Chicago, Openlands & The Field Museum
Date: December 8, 2012 along with January 19, 2013 and February 16, 2012
Start Time: 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Location : Northerly Island is located at 1521 S. Linn White Drive, on the Museum Campus